Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Twelve more days

[Countdown to year 12: 12 days]
(eew) 

School is starting so soon, and it's pretty tragic really. 
Jarryd and I have agreed that we made a terrible choice to attend this school. 

That being said, it is our final year
So in another 302 days, I would be finished with high school (the soul-sucking hole of darkness). 

I think everyone would agree that TV programmes of the American high school life have tricked many of us into believing that high school is actually 'fun'. 
Okay, maybe not 'fun', but tolerable. 

WELL, IT ISN'T. 

How I wish I could turn back time to reevaluate my choices and enter a decent high school. 
I've attended 2 high schools: 
- An all girls private high school
- The school that shall not be named (in case Ms.'love bite' reads this post and screws me over) 

I was foolish and immature when deciding that these schools were my 'best options'. 
Lara you idiot. 

_______________

Anyway.
Because I'll be flying off to Melbourne next week, mum and I went to do some shopping. 
Here's a peek at the things I got: 


I absolutely love theBodyShop.

If you walk into my bathroom and check out my body products, you'll realise that everything is Cocoa Butter scented. I'm obsessed. 
This Beautifying Oil is great because it doesn't leave me all oily and greasy after I use it - it absorbs instantly into my skin, so I'm not left walking around my room in my undies reluctant to make contact with anything around me. 


OH MY GAWD THE HONEY OAT MASK. I LOVE IT. 
It smells 'delicious'. I swear I was so tempted to eat it. 
It has this really interesting texture which I find so fascinating to touch. 
Actually, it feels like really dry muesli, literally. 
Mum said she could see instant results after I used it (I couldn't). Always trust the Mum



I have been obsessed with Daiso since I came home last month.
I mean, who doesn't love a Japanese RM5 store?  
I got these pink cotton swabs from there. 

Does this happen to any of you? - You're at the counter paying for something at Watsons/Guardian and they whip out a catalogue of products that are cheaper because you've spent more than RM20 and they keep persuading you to get something off the catalogue, and you decide that you actually DO 'need' something from that catalogue (when you really don't) and you end up buying it. 
That's how I ended up with this Bio-essense spring water. Mum has been raving about it so I might as well give it a try. 


Dark green TopShop skirt. 
One thing I've learn't when shopping at TopShop - WAIT FOR A SALE. 
Dammit. 
I spent heaps during my trip home last October when shopping at TopShop, and guess what? Most of the clothes I bought were on sale a few weeks back and everything was like half-priced. 
*slaps myself* 



THESE (above) ARE THE BEST WIPES EVER. 
So many people have been asking me where I bought these wipes - Watsons. 
How adorable are they? 
They come in really small packs.
And the wipes smell amazing (especially the pink one).


MY NEW BOOTS (from Roxy). 
It was love at first sight. 


The inside of the boots are really pretty too! 

... A shoe pocket. For like magic beans or something. 
I've been looking for boots like these for ages (quality ones) so I'm extremely satisfied that I finally own a pair. 




By purchasing the boots, I received a RM40 gift voucher so I decided to get this little purse to store all my coins. Australian coins are really heavy and for some reason I've been finding $2 coins everywhere. 
It also had a chain so I decided to hang my new house key - for my new place in Hidden Valley! 
(I'm super excited that daddy's moving over to Melbourne) 



I know, i'm in desperate need of a manicure. My nails look revolting. 

I might have a stationary addiction according to my mum.
I spend about 45 minutes walking up and down the pen isles in Popular carefully choosing my pens. 

Everyone in school uses the Zebra Mildlighters but it's impossible to find them here in Penang.
So.

When I came across the essenti highlighters (above), the feeling that I was overcome by is probably similar to that of when a Belieber meets Justin. 
I WAS ABOUT TO DIE OF JOY.
(I apologize to the people who were stunned by my sudden squeal of excitement in the store)
I really like these highlighters because the colours are pastel and not the intense-blinding-neon colours. 

Subtle highlighters for a subtle girl like me. The perfect match. 

_______________

This isn't a recent purchase but it was my Christmas present from mum. 
I asked for an exercise ball. 
It serves many purposes to me, except helping me exercise. 
I spend time in my room bouncing on it, it's my favourite pastime. 


 _______________

We had family guest over last weekend.
Mum and I brought them cycling around Georgetown, being all touristy.

Hello. Spot the sling bag all tied up under my boob - I'm paranoid about snatch thieves. 
I am now a 'babi panggang' - all sunburnt. 

_______________

Some time last week I decided to tie my hair up in a bun to sleep. 
I was super happy with the outcome (below).
Sadly, I fail all the other times I try to do it again. 
Stubborn hair. 


_______________


Here's a picture of Tommy, my uncle's cat in Holland. 
(This post is coming to an end) 



Amelia will be staying over some time this week and we've got exciting plans for our blogs.
So check in on Sunday to see what cheeky things we're gonna get up to! 

xoxo




1 comment: